How To Choose A Hosting Plan As A Beginner
The website has come up as one of the basic necessity for all the business type. However, web hosting services make sure that you do not need to employ many IT people as they are there to assist us. In the digital marketing era, websites are considered to be the storefront for every business type. Your website may either have a single webpage with the necessary details or a site brimming up with a number of information; it is the ultimate area which helps in creating an impression on the visitors.
The best part is that the web hosting services make sure that the online presence of the company, whether it is a small one or a big one is given a perfectly polished professional shape. Even with a small fee imposed on the customers, the web hosting service providers provide the business entity with a perfect domain name and publish the websites in a secured manner that has the capability of attracting the customers to the company products and services.
Things that need to be considered for choosing one web host
Many features need to be considered while selecting a web hosting service providers. However, the reputation of the company and the quality of service they would provide could be researched. Engaging yourself with these service providers is like building a long term relationship with a new partner of the business.
• Cost: The first thing that needs to be considered is the cost. Almost every web hosting services make sure that they provide you with their service at reasonable rates. On average, it has found that the subscription price for availing the web hosting service is under $10 in, which includes the cost of the domain name. However, you must ignore the finely printed terms on the contracts. It is generally seen that lower rate for promotion is imposed in the initial first year, which further is raised to the standard price.
If you wish to avail the additional services beyond the basic offer than the cost of service would vary. Therefore the ones who want to make use of the advanced feature must get a written agreement in the form of SLA that is Service level agreement.
• Performance: Generally, the customers have little tolerance for the websites, which takes much time to load. So, the way a web host would perform plays a vital role in the decision making procedure. Even the hardware which will be used by the providers has an impact on its working. So, you need to consider beforehand which type of server of the website will be better for you: Dedicated, shared, or the cloud-based.
• Scalability: Many businesses require such web hosting service providers who can respond to the scalability. It means during the times of need, the scale performance would rise in a prompt manner, and then the scale would go down when the demand falls. It is one of the advanced features which probably every web hosting service could not provide.
• Uptime: Once the website is created, you would wish that it would be accessible for the 100%time, but this perfection level is considered to be next to impossible. Hence, every web hosting service providers particularly commit to 99.99% uptime level/ however, whatever might be the level agreed to, you must get it documented in the SLA.
• Customer Support: Without ignoring any of the technical consideration for selecting the web hosting service providers, it is equally essential that the customer support people play a vital role in the decision making for the business. The customers care executives are regarded as the best differentiator to decide the quality of service.
• Security: As per the reports, it has been noted that on an average SMB website has been attacked for around 58times in a day in the second quarter of 20189. It is not possible for the small-sized business to defend so many attacks in a day and that of their own.
Hence, web hosting service providers must have their means with resources so that a safe and secured infrastructure with latest updates and security protocols is provided. They need to take proper security measures to hold off the daily cyber attacks. All the security features and guarantees given must be negotiated before in the SLA.
• Bandwidth: Apart from the speed of interaction processing, every small business must even consider the quantum of data which would be required from the web hosting service providers. The scale of operation which the business has creates a difference in the need and requirement.
The web hosting service providers do possess a capability of handling many scenarios at a time with the adjustment in the cost, which depends on the request for the bandwidth made.
• Storage: Web hosting service providers offer a variety of levels for the storage, which depends upon the need and demand made from the user side. A small business owner usually does not have much storage need as they only have a landing page. But business has multiple numbers of content pages will require a good storage area. Hence, the decision will depend on the storage requirement as per the business needs.
• Website building tools: Many web hosting service providers offer a number of business tools which helps in giving a professional look to the websites. The quality of the tool offered differs from company to company. So, you should look for your specific requirement to build the website.
• Ease of use: All the popular web hosting services could be easily accessed from the standard browsers. It easily helps you to update the contents, track the activity log of them, and manage the website in a skillful manner. The configuration works well without interruption for the simple websites.
However, if you wish to insert some specific codes, scripts, or tracking widgets, you need to research before to find how well the advanced features could be accommodated in the web service. It may attract additional cost and hassle sometimes.