How to uninstall an app on a smart TV?
Smart TVs are simply in the boom now and are dominating the store shelves without any failure. The technology to indulge smartphone technology on the big screen has taken the world by storm. In a nutshell, Smart TVs can be described as that operating system or platform that enables the users to access, control and view online as well as network-based media content without any need of connecting to an additional box such as Firestick or Router.
How smart TVs function?
The principle on which Smart TV work is quite simple. The TVs access online content through connecting to the same Wi-Fi network, Ethernet or broadband router that you used to connect your computer to the internet. If you are looking for a more stable connection, then it might be noted that Ethernet provides the most stable connection, but if your TV is located at a more distant place from your router then Wi-Fi can be a more convenient source.
Once you turn on your TV and the device is connected, you will be prompted to use the login information that you already have or the login info that is required by your ISP. The smart TV will then display the on-screen menu that can decipher the truckload of internet channels provided in the apps that are quite similar to the apps available on a smartphone. Some of these are preloaded and are available by default, whereas for others you can download more to add to the TV’s app library.
Thereafter if you want to view the certain content offerings of a channel or you can say an app then you can click on an icon and you can easily navigate through the smart TV menu.
Why Smart TV?
There are tons of benefits for opting for a smart TV rather than going for any traditional television set. You can easily access a large number of channels that offer a multitude of TV programs, music or movies without connecting your TV to a set-top box or an antenna. You don’t need to subscribe to a satellite or cable service and you can also access the media stored on your computer without any issues. There might be cable or satellite services that might try to manipulate you of thee on-demand programming options but when you compare the benefits and the programs that you can get on your smart TV, it will easily surpass any available method.
TVs are smartphone compatible, so you can easily use your smartphones as your remote controls. Forget about searching the remote control because you can easily control the TV from your phone and that too without any issue. TVs are easy to use and offer reliable services. You can go through the streaming apps as you do in smartphones and you can stream on your favorite content without any failure. TVs have to do a lot more than programming. You can declutter your stuff easily and the features that are available on the TV as compared to the prices are quite reasonable. Plus you can see all of it on a life-size screen. What else can anyone want?
The real struggle
People are keen on the apps that the TVs offer and the features that the TV includes. But the problem starts when one wants to uninstall the default or installed apps available on smart TV. The reason may vary for the uninstallation process. It might be the storage concern, parental control or some other problems including dislike or the unnecessary availability of the apps on the smart TV.
Though the TV is a great source of fun and thrill, when it comes to uninstalling apps from the TV, people almost face a nightmare. Smartphones are easy, you need to tap on an application and you can easily uninstall it by dragging it or tapping on uninstall. But for Smart TVs, the process is quite different. Here’s how the process of uninstalling apps on smartphones follows. Dive in!
- For one, you need to press the home button on your OneRemote. The button is located in the middle of the remote and is in a round shape. The button is easily visible on your remote and if not you can always see the instruction manual for further information.
- Then what you need to do is you need to use the directional pad on your remote and then you can navigate to and select apps. The directional pad is located at the bottom of your screen, you can easily scroll and find it.
- Then on the top right corner of your TV screen, you will find a settings icon. You have to select options from there.
- Then for uninstalling, you need to select the app that you want to delete. For that purpose you have to click on the app icon, For example, you can select any app like Netflix and it will be surrounded by a red or blue box as per your theme.
- The next thing that you need to do is to click on Delete. If you are trying to think that this is the final delete process then probably you are mistaken. You need to choose to delete it again.
- Voila! Your app will be deleted.
The above-mentioned information is for the smart TVs that are manufactured for new K, M, N and R series TV. For the old series of TV just like that of E, F, H, and J series, here are the steps that you need to follow. Dive in!
- For one, you have to choose the Apps icon from the Smart Hubs Panel. The smart Hub panel is situated on the bottom of the screen or for further information you can always look at your Smart TV manual.
- The next thing that you need to do is to select My Apps.
- Then you can pick the Options icon that is situated on the top of the screen. This looks just like any other typical settings icon that is available on our smartphones.
- Thereafter you can select the delete my apps from the options menu and then select the app that you want to remove.
- You can select the delete at the top of the screen and then confirm the delete, select Yes.
- Then to delete the app successfully you can select OK. Your app will be successfully deleted after that.
For Android TV, the steps are quite simpler. On your Android TV, you can open the play store. Then you can find the app or game that you want to delete and at last select uninstall.
The bottom line
Keep in mind that the navigation process for each Smart TV along with the installation and uninstall process varies for different brands and models. The above-mentioned information is generalized and for each brand and model, there might be some different processes that need to be taken into account. If the confusion persists or you want some more information, you can always call for the professionals or log into your brand’s helpline and register your queries in the FAQ section. Simple as that!